Thursday, November 27, 2014

Art Journal page with theme - Stencil It!

I had to use this beautiful (and big: 12x12 inches) stencil for this project, it's from Magenta. 
You can find it by clicking on the picture below:


There's two flowery images on this stencil (and some smaller ones). 
I've used the other part of the stencil a lot of times, (here and here), but not this part of it. 

I LOVE stencils! 
For monoprinting, for use with texture paste, with sponging inks, stamping with them.. etc etc.. 


The script in the background is also from Magenta. I've also stamped the script onto the texture paste. 
You can find that one by clicking on the picture below:


****

DAYS later I decided to change the page, and make it more an art journal page:
 I've also added some more color.

****
I am entering this in the challenge on 
1. Journal52 week 43 with theme - STENCIL IT!
2. Simon Says Stamp - anything goes

5 comments:

  1. This stencil is really beautiful, Ellie,

    and you have used it beautifully too! Love the delicate aged feeling there is to your creation!

    And thanks for the hint on the daylight bulb. I really should invest in one of these!

    Hope you are doing fine!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stencil looks gorgeous, its a fantastic journal page.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is beautiful Ellie! Thanks for visiting my blog! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie,
    Dit is een prachtig werkje geworden en zo mooi van kleuren !
    Groetjes, Laurette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellie, your inking and use of stencil are awesome!! I adore the pretty colors and text details! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!