On this card I have tapped the Nuance on an acrylic block, misted it with water to be able to stamp with the Nuance.
Some more samples with the same two colors:
and a card..
My first impressions of this product in comparison with other powdered color..
* The crystals are not that chunky. So you get the choice to have it get dissolved totally by water on your paper, or still get the result of the chrystals of color to show.
* Also: the colors are SO vibrant! Happy te be using this product.
* Then to add one more impression - It is SO pigmented with color... you have too much of it way too soon. Just a few crystals gives a lot of color.
* Just as with a few other coloured powders/crystals colors, the purplish and green color I have used here, has more than one color in the crystals, so if you don't overspray (which will mix and blend the colors in it) too much, you will see the colors of the crystals next to each other.
That's a lot of advantages for a first session with this new product from Magenta, don't you think??
I plan to do (lots) more projects SOON, making a bunch of projects again with the same colors; other colors than the ones I have used today of course.
I am sure I will be discovering a LOT of advantages still... HAPPY!
I am entering this in the challenge on
1. Paper Artsy - pigment powders
The theme of the TIMI challenge for September 2015 is 'Take A Stamp'....
so, anything goes actually .... as long as there is a stamped image on your creation somewhere, you're good to go!
My take on the theme:
Just stamping ? What is better than to use a collage stamp?
This is a rather BIG stamp... this bookmark measures 21 cm in height!
The coloring has been done with the Elegant Writer from Speedball (LOVE this marker) and a watercolor pencil (tulip)! I am entering this in the challenge on 1. TIOT - try something new (the elegant writer is new to me!)
It's still summery here, but autumn will soon be taking over, I think.
I used this very versatile stamp (own design!) to create a card and an ATC.
The card above is a mix of acrylic paints amd heat embossing, and of course: stamping.
The ATC is stamping with (mixed) distress inks from the craftsheet.
That's always a winner as it blends the colors so nicely together (and you can make multiple prints as long the inks don't turn muddy).
To achieve this worn effect don't make the inks on the craft sheet too wet
... that gives the worn effect
... WORN you said?
YES, that's what autumn is about, worn, but beautiful.
I LOVE seedheads because of that!
Create a Card, a Layout, an Art Journal page, or even an altered object; whichever you feel like, and follow the theme. Use some Magenta productssuch as: papers, stamps, embellishments, Peel Off's, chipboard, stencils, etc.
Be sure to link back to the Magenta challenge here.
The winner will be drawn randomly from the participant's linked up entries.
Challenge projects that catch Magenta's eye will be featured in the winner post.