I still love this golden oldie... a classic stamp!
Monday, May 23, 2022
Friday, May 20, 2022
Playing with stamps and color is like going on a journey.
You start and end up making a unique creation!
This card started out with watercolor paints that were on my palette all mixed up, and I wanted to clean it: what better way as to make some rainbow colored cards?
I covered it with household wrap until it was dry.
The fun part was to play with stamps and fill up the surface.
The how to:
- stamp and heat emboss some background stamps in white as shown.
- mask off the white squares, and by masking the image the second time, stamp the images one in front of the other with a black ink.
- add touches of color to the images and the tiny squares for more interest and of course to create the focal point.
- Add black stamped script to the background.
- Draw with a white acrylic marker around the images to make them pop more.
- distress the edges with a paper-distresser.
- assemble the card front to a card base.
See you next time..
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
The shells were heat embossed in white on most of these cards and ATC's.
I added stamped script for the final touch, and some red splatters, just to add a little extra color.
Stamped in brown this time..
the color was added with watercolor, watercolor pencils, and aqua markers,.
Added touches of white with an acrylic marker add highlights for more depth of course.
The (white) splatters as a final touch again.
...AND on all of them a scribbly border around the paper-distressed card front with a brown fineliner.
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
Inspiration for the moodboard for May.. come join in: a prize to be won at Rubber Dance!
This background is Ecoline (you could use any watercolor!) on photo paper! .. it makes for such beautiful backgrounds! Give it a try.. I collect photo paper from thrift stores, real cheap. I love paper; even the different brands of photo paper give very different results.
Monday, May 16, 2022
Thursday, May 12, 2022
Friday, May 6, 2022
The other images were stamped onto the background, and colored with watercolor pencils.
Accents with a white acrylic marker and a sentiment are the finishing touches.
Rubber Dance Stamps: