Saturday, December 14, 2013

Kraft paper and stamping...

Working on kraft paper has one disadvantage as far as I am concerned: It's not white.

So, to get white, you paint it white where you want it to be white! First heat emboss the image with white embossing. Then paint it with some water-diluted gesso. Then color it! I used pearlescent watercolors Then add touches of color with watercolorpencil and a permanent marker to add some depth. I am not too happy with the clouds... but it will have to do, LOL. 


****

Another try, here I did not color the kraft paper. in the background.. just experimenting here... 


 ****

And the 3rd experiment on kraft paper:
There were wise men going to Bethlehem... they were looking for the newborn Christ!

 

****
I think I will keep playing with kraft paper, to improve the results...

All stamps are from Katzelkraft!

4 comments:

  1. Toch echte 'Ellie' kaarten geworden, mooi! Ik ben dan ook een echte fan van kraft!
    groetjes Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love kraft Ellie and these cards are stunning. Beautiful
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heel mooi gedaan hoor Ellie, heel speciaal effect zo met dat craftpapier, super!!

    Groetjes
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so inventive - I love the white against the kraft - delicious!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!