Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Original Documented Life Project: - 5

 I am doing the Original Documented life projectthe January theme being: 
The Blank Page and How to Face It!
 Art challenge for the 5th week:  Under Paper 
The prompt is: What Lies Beneath? 


****

 I am enterimg this art journal page of approx 20 by 25 cm in the following challenge: 
1. Craft StamperStencilling
2. Our creative corner - tic tac toe - I chose paints, stamps and stencils. 


The underpaper that I wanted to use, was just too smal, so I tore strokes, and adhered it to the page to make it fit. 
A thin layer of gesso was applied over it to tie everything together...  

With use of a gold structure paste and punchinella I made some circles. I was not happy with it, so smeared it over the page to get this golden shine over the background, and removed some of it with the punchinella and a wet cloth. Further coloring was done with distress inks that coordinated with the original colors in the underpaper. 


Now the fun started, yes, with my new stamps and stencil from Designs by Ryn!!
I added white structure paste over the beautiful maidenhair stencil, while drying it took up some color from the underlying distress inks. 
I added stamping of the water droplets, and colored some of them with a watercolorpencil, and of course added some highlights with a acrylic marker.  

Only thing I missed now was a script, but Ryn does not have scriptstamps, so I grabbed one from Art Journey. I stamped the leaves with it over the stencil. 

In real life it's way more colorful, and shimmery.

****

 I am enterimg this in the challenge on
1. Craft StamperStencilling

22 comments:

  1. Prachtige kaart Ellie en ja die druppels zijn en blijven toppers! lieve groet Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great project! LOVE IT ....I have many Ryn stamps and I just love them. Gorgeous Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ook ik ben fan van die druppels... het lijkt net of er echt water op je werk ligt, prachtig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is simply amazing and so beautiful, that is breathtaking. I love stamps and stencil from Ryn. Drops of water that you do indeed are shining and I feel that I drench my hands of them. Gorgeous graphics. Fabulous colors. Unsurpassed inspiration.
    hugs,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat gaaf Ellis. Die druppels zijn net echt. Geen idee hoe je dat doet.
    Gr. GZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Ellie, mijn nieuwe tablet verandert steeds letters. Heel irritant. Hij vindt blijkbaar Ellis mooier. :0). Trouwens wat een mooi stencil van Ryn heb je hier gebruikt.
      Gr. GZ

      Delete
  6. Already saw this on facebook, Ellie,

    but had to come by and tell you how much I love this make of yours! The stencilled texture goes so well with the subtle backgrounds you always create! Wonderful!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I'm simply overwhelmed at how you do this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing!!! I love the colours, the texture (that stencil is gorgeous!!!!) and the water droplets look so real. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant art ! Loving your design and those water drop stamps are superb (must get some ) !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page, Ellie! I love how the paste took up some of the colour, and how you've added text to the leaves. Thanks so much for playing at Craft Stamper Take It Make It.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prachtig Ellie, deze mixed Media kaart is helemaal geslaagd!!!

    Groetjes
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love the subtle colours, the textures and the highlights one the rain drops brings them to life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Ellie, really delicate stencilling and composition... I wish you good luck for the Craft Stamper challenge, from all my heart. Hugs, Coco Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this Ellie... thank you for joining us for Craft Stampers Take it Make it challenge xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Ellie, I can imagine the shimmer that you are talking about in this piece. Just love the texture! Great idea to add the text to the leaves of Maidenhair Fern. I really like that end result! Thanks so much for sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi There Ellie! Such a stunning art journal page and phenomenal use of your move of Paints-Stamps-Stencils for the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge at Our Creative Corner--Thank You for joining us! I'm so glad that you joined in the play!! Hope to see you again in a future OCC challenge! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, prachtig gedaan, mooie achtergrond en prachtige maidenhair stencil ! En bedankt voor de uitleg van de druppels ! Groetjes Enny

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful Ellie! I love how you made the background and that includes how you rescued it when it didn't quite work for you! The colours are so serene and the maidenhair fern stencil with the pencil work and script stamp is just gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining my challenge at Our Creative Corner. Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Ellie on making Top 3 at Our Creative Corner. A beautiful piece, I love the colours, the stencilling and the raindrops. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This a beautiful piece. Thank you for describing how you made it.

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!