Monday, April 22, 2019

My Creative Monday for Magenta - heat emboss resist 1



I've made an ATC to test the technique.. 
1. Cover 2 pieces of cardstock with gesso. Leave to dry.
2. Sponge one of the pieces of cardstock with distress ink. Dry thoroughly!
3. Stamp an image with Versamark and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
4. Tape the second piece of cardstock to the first so it folds the inked and gessoed sides to the inside.
5. Mist the inked one with water.
6. Close the two pieces of cardstock and put it stacked through an embossing machine, like a Big Shot.
7. Now you've got 2 backgrounds with color, the first one has the sponged color trapped under the heat embossing.
8. Mask the image and heat emboss a script in white to finish it off.



Now for the technique used on a background for a card. 



Next week Monday I will share a very similar technique!! 
Magenta products used:

  

1 comment:

  1. great technique Ellie, I love the soft colours created by the gesso, I have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!