Monday, May 4, 2020

My Creative Monday for Magenta - Tulip bliss

 OK, I confess..
 I LOVE this tulip stamp..
I am in the Magenta team from 2011 onward, and never felt the urge to have it in my collection.. until I saw a sample (in a craft shop, online) from Miranda Degenaars, one of my teamies at Magenta. 

The background was created in stages.. a stencil, structure paste and Nuance powders. It sat in my art journal .. until I made the fussy cut tulip and decided they were a perfect match. 

I also stamped some script and background stamps in the background, and added more color with a watercolor pencil into the images in the background. 

 It is a perrrfect stamp for stamping in layers with lighter colors first and then adding darker ones .. I've used watercolor markers to achieve that. 
To tone down the red and green a little, I added touches of yellow with a colored pencil.. and of course.. white glimpes with an acrylic marker. 

Enjoy crafting

Magenta products used:

2 comments:

  1. Oh Ellie, wat een prachtige kaart ! Die achtergrond heb je zo mooi gedaan, en de tulp is super !!!! Groetjes, Enny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondeerful cards Ellie !! Love them all. The flowers are fantastic, with great colours and backgrounds.
    Have a nice new week, stay safe and
    Big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!