Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Fishy booklets for 52 books...

On the Rubber Dance blog two weeks ago:
 two recycled booklets I will use as mini art journals.

For my 52books series this is book number 31; a very interesting type of binding: a cover over a spiral binding.

I dissembled the books first, and got rid of both the original end papers inside as that was torn by doing so... 



... leaving me with the cover plus spine intact.. 



.. I covered the outside by adhering half of an A4 gelliprint with muted pink and greenish colors (using a Magenta stencil in case you wonder)...  .... 



... I brushed some matte medium to the surface to give it some protection...  



.. stamped onto it with StaZon blazing red ink..
 

.. gave it some extra color with green distress ink.. 



.. added some white with an acrylic marker... 




.. and reassembled the booklets using the second and second last page of the book to use as the new end papers on the inside...

DONE...
Hope you like it and give recycling a book a try.. it´s fun.. 


Rubber Dance Stamps:

The Rubber Dance Webshop


Whale Wishes





I am entering this in the challenge on 

1. series 52 - just a play with creating a book.. 52 of them: a challenge I set to myself - Book 29







No comments:

Post a Comment

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!