Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blog Hop IMAGINE Crafts and MAGENTA!

Welcome to a week of fantastic collaboration between IMAGINE Crafts and Magenta Rubber Stamps! Both companies are excited to share with you their products, from the latest inks from IMAGINE Crafts to the newest Fall and Holiday stamp releases from Magenta.


Magenta_Hop_Ellie_2

My project this time features the beautiful walnut inks again, After spraying the ink, when still wet, I added salt to get this background. A neat background for a leaf, I thought!
The image has been stamped with StazOn Timber Brown on a seperate piece of cardstock, and cut out. I've coloured it with the walnut ink I've used to create the background. To add some gloss to the leaf, I added some Goosebumps with a brush.

*****

I also did a second project, couldn't help it, hehe,
I had a nice play with these products!
Here I used the beautiful pigment inks and Brilliance inks from Imagine Crafts:
I swiped the pigment inkpad- Serenade Green shades - over the cardstock, and inked up the beautiful  Distressed Diamond background stamp from Magenta with Brilliance Cosmic Copper and stamped it right over the background. After stamping there was a lot of pigment ink on my  background stamp, and I used that to make another background, which also turned out very nice. I'll show that background on an ATC in the last bloghop post on the 21st. Promise!
I also stamped a script, Love is a promise with the Brilliance ink. The Brilliance ink shimmers, didn't know these inks were so great, they've been in my stash for a while and I haven't used it before, shame on me!
The pigment inks didn't really dry on the surface, so I thought I'd clear emboss it. IT TURNED OUT SO BEAUTIFUL!
The Samara stamp has been stamped on a seperate piece of cardstock, and cut iut.
LOVE how this turned out!

Happy hopping!

****

Prizes galore for participating in the Blog Hop this week!

IMAGINE Crafts and Magenta are offering a total of three different prizes this week as part of this Blog Hop. These prizes include IMAGINE Crafts' irRESISTible Texture Spray, irRESISTible Pico Embellisher, Delicata Shimmery Silver and Golden Glitz AND some of the newest releases from Magenta. Take a moment to visit the other featured artists' blogs listed below and leave a comment on their posts by midnight PST September 21st.  Three winners will be randomly selected from three different blogs from the seven days of the Hop, with one commenter from each blog draw as the winner.

23 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards. Thank so much for explaining your creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both creations are wonderful designed! My favorit is the first with the interessant background texture.
    Groetjes Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Het zijn weer kunstwerkjes geworden. Bedankt voor de uitleg. Groetjes Anneke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous cards! I'm really taken in by the top one - I love how you added the salt for a beautiful background! The leaf is so beautiful! I want to try this! A wonderful background on your second card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really loving the Walnut Inks and MUST try the salt technique. Both of these cards are fabulous! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of using salt in stamping, but now I must try. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Your creations are always so interesting, with so much texture. And the more I look at them, the more details there are to see. At the same time, they are always so unified, not just a collection of interesting elements. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good old salt technique, you've done a great job with it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've used salt before, a great technique. Love your cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty cards
    and great inking
    on them.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ellie,
    Beautiful cards. Love the salt technique...it's like a science project everytime I try it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That leaf is so real looking, that is just marvelous. I love the walnut ink but find I think I over spray. yours is very delicate looking, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! Love the rich colors! The Walnut inks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really had fun this week! Love the salt technique. Love the Brilliance inks too. Overall like the earthy colors. Love fall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ellie, your cards absolutely blow me away every time. Gorgeous! The leaf looks absolutely real; I love the colors and layouts and texture and depth. Absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS pair of cards Ellie - the colours, textures & designs are BEAUTIFUL, almost MAGICAL!!!
    I especially ADORE your salted background and big leaf - LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are both so lovely. I love the walnut ink background on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful effects on both cards. The second is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful projects! I love both cards. The backgrounds are just wonderful! I love both stamps, the leaf and the seeds. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning cards. Thank you for sharing the creation of these wonderful pieces of art

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!