Monday, May 28, 2018

Book 18 - for series 52


week 18 : book 18 

This time a booklet from papers with eco-dyeing .. cooking the pages with vinegar etc .. 
A first time for me.. I've made notes of all the plantmaterial I've used, and the type of papers that work best etc. 
I gathered plants from our own garden, and only got to pick flowers and leaves from the back of our house; the I had more than enough.
Next time  I will pick from our front garden, and after that.. who knows where and what..

Will have to find an eucalyptus tree somewhere.. their leaves make gorgeous papers.



The book measures 10 x 14,3 centimeters and has 6 signatures; the spine was covered with tissue tape to cover the stitches of the coptic-binding.  







I've made lots more and will use some for ATC's and cards and another booklet too!













I will add some stamping and doodling in a later stage. 

****


I am entering this in the challenge on 
1. series 52 - just a play with creating a book every week; a challenge I set to myself.



5 comments:

  1. OMG Ellie, those pages are absolutely stunning. Cooking the pages with vinegar sounds so intriguing, a tutorial would be awesome.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful eco-dyeing, Ellie. I keep meaning to try this, but I feel like I need more space and time... One day soon, I hope. Meanwhile, thank you for sharing your wonderful results with us at Mini Album Makers.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ellie, wat een supergave techniek en mooi zo deze pagina's! Moet het eens ff googlen....ken dit niet......groetjes Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie, you have been making the most gorgeous mini books! This one is my favorite! I simply love those beautiful pages and I wouldn't be able to make a mark on them. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat apart. Ik vind het heel erg mooi. Deze techniek is voor mij nieuw.

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!