Thursday, June 4, 2020

Watercolor fun with Mixed Media Marks

I am sharing fun watercolor backgrounds with you today as I shared 2 weeks back on the Rubber Dance blog!




**** 

This is where it all started.. watercolor play and trying to loosen up, on a big sheet of watercolor;  in the meantime getting the practice of brushstrokes and control of water in the process.
Not that I am new to watercolor, but practice makes perfect, doesn't it?

I did a watercolor workshop on Skillshare from Jo-Marie Barlow to create the backgrounds for the 10x10 cm cards and ATC format cards.

(As for Skillshare: 2 months for free and after that you might want to subscribe!) 

ENJOY. 



 Why not play, and then cut it up?! 
 

 I gave it my own twist ..
... adding Mixed Media Marks... 


... and of course a stamped focal point....
 Grungy Butterflies and
Flowers Gone Wild and Doodle flowers on the ATC's. 


... I made 2 ATC's and 4 cards from the masterboard!!  


See you next time!

I am entering this in the challenge on
1. Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - create you own background

Rubber Dance Stamps: 

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards and backgrounds, I love the colours! Very inspiring 😊
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw, wat een prachtige achtergrond, zo kleurig en zoveel details, super ! En de bloemen en vlinders staan er prachtig bij ! Groetjes, Enny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those backgrounds are Amazing Ellie !! I love the so bright colours you have used, and the beautiful flowers and butterflies too. Great Artworks !
    Thanks so much for visiting and leaving a comment to my blog, much appreciated.
    I wish you a very nice Friday, stay safe and
    Big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you take many Skillshare classes? Is it worth paying for?

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!