Monday, June 1, 2020

My Creative Monday for Magenta - Fluid watercolors onto photo paper part 1


I start with very useful techniques for the next few weeks...
Playing with fluid watercolors onto photo paper

For the paper: I experimented with a variety of brands, the result you achieve will sure differ on each of them.
If the color just soaks into the paper, it will give a way different effect.
I assume this was a quality paper, as the color floated on top and mixed really well with the water.


HOW TO basics. 
- Place the leaves mask on top of the photo paper (A6).
- Mist it with a little water.
- Apply the fluid watercolor with a wide brush over the mask; when you use different colors, rinse the brush before applying the second color.
The color will also seep under the mask.
- Don't remove the mask yet as you can use the remaining ink to make a second beautiful background (this will be part two next week!)
- Leave to dry. 


This is an ATC...
****


I've made a card with the same technique.. 


To finish it off I stamped in the background with a blue solvent ink. 


See you next week for part 2 in this series of techniques! 


Magenta products used:




I cut the edge off of this stencil, to create a mask

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!