Thursday, January 6, 2022

BIG blub-blubb Whail Wishes for the New year

 

Happy new year to you all!
A new year asks for a new art journal, isn't it? 
So, I made one and filled a spread with an underwater scene, sort of. 


Yes.. I played with my gelliplate again ..
Before pulling the prints I stamped in the wet acrylic paint with mostly stamps from the
 Sketchy Flowers #1 and Pencil Marks #1 stamp sets.  
I've sewn the signatures with a kettle stitch to strengthen the spine. 

I've made a journal from A5 gelli prints by folding them vertically, and adhering the back sides to each other to form the spreads inside the book.


These are two of the spreads that need to be filled yet, but has a basic background to start off on for any other happy play day. 




I chose this spread as I liked the foliage on these pages. 


I stamped in the background with some similar colors, not too dark, and also with second generation stamping. 


The main images are stamped with a dark purple, as well as some background foliage and script stamping. 


I fussy cut the main images and colored them with very little color. 


I wish you "BIG blubb Whale blubb wishes" for the new year!


I still have a lot of spreads to fill. 


The back and front cover and spine are covered with a separate print on sturdier paper, adhered to the back of the first and last page ..... as easy as that. 
All the edges were torn with the help of a ruler. 

... will have to add a closure with a thread and a button I think... 


Rubber Dance Stamps:



Mix A Sentiment 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!