Friday, January 14, 2022

Vintage Antique Botanical Card

 

Today I am sharing a vintagy card on book paper...
 
The flower looks as if it has been made for this .. 


Adding a white watered down white gesso tones down the script on the bookpaper, and also lightens it a bit. The gesso also forms a barrier so the paper will not soke up all the color when adding color to the images. I colored the flowers with Ecoline, a fluid watercolor and added a few more touches with a water-based ink marker.  
The edges were sponged inward towards the image with a light blue distress ink.. where there is no gesso on the edges it will take up more color as to where there is gesso. 


To make the flower pop even more I added more white acrylic (also watered down to blend into the background better) around the image. 
The rest of the card speaks for itself I assume. 

Have a good day!

Rubber Dance Stamps:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!