Saturday, February 5, 2022

Paper Weaving Sketchy Flower

 

This time I'd like to share this technique I recently learned from a post by Karen Dunbrook : Paper Weaving. (I want to give credit where credit is due ) ..
Thanks so much Karen for this inspiration!



Start out by cutting/using up paper strips of about 1,3 centimeters wide and weave them to form the background .. 



I chose to make it slightly larger than I would need, so I could just cut the unneeded part away. No need to glue he whole thing, as long as the edges are glued. 


As I used regular cardstock strips, I needed to cover the background with a transparent gesso first, as the color will soak into the cardstock.  



I chose to color the image with a ready made watercolor, to have more control of the coloring (from Ecoline and Dahler&Rowney).
 I put a kitchen towel underneath while coloring the images to absorb any color that would go through the holes in the background. 



To provide a nice backdrop for the weaved paper background I created a background with the same colors, and stamped around the edges randomly with some text and mixed media stamps in colored and black ink.  





Apart from stamping sequins I also adhered real ones with glossy accents. 
The weaved part is adhered to the colorful background with 3D tape for more interest and depth. 

Don't tell Susanne, but I think this flower is one of my most-used stamps :) ;
 for this project to work I had to use a stamp with a lot of white space, so it's perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!