Thursday, October 9, 2014

A little mixed media...

It's so fun to get a little messy. 

I started with applying Golden glassy gel over a stencil. 
I then added watercolor, adding all sorts of color, and taking them partially away again or sometimes some more water so it could mix and run over the paper. ...  until I was satisfied.
I adhered the cheesecloth with a little gel medium, partially, so it could stay 3D a bit. I stamped the shells and seahorse on seperate paper and cut them out. After coloring the shells, I added a watered down layer of gesso over it, to be able to make them part of the background, and adhered them partially underneath the cheesecloth. I stamped a script with a grey ink onto the background, to 1 side. 


 The seahorse is the focal now, on an exremely colorful background, but I like it!





STAMPS USED:



4 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Ellie!

    Still far from what I personally would call (really) messy *lol, but I can see the fun you had messin' with the paints and medium! A lovely piece of art!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well...I see you said "a little messy". Yeah, that's good with me then. *giggle

    As long as it is the good kind of messy - as in your beautiful project - everything's fine anyway. ;)

    Hope you are doing fine!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een geweldige kaart. Bijzonder mooi jouw achtergrond. Groetjes Anneke.

    ReplyDelete

Een berichtje achterlaten maakt me blij, dankjewel!

Leaving a comment makes me happy, thanks!